Eligible Employee Types
Full-Time W2 Employees (FT)
- Defined as working an avg. of 30 hrs. per week or 130 hrs. per month.
- Full-time W2 employees are eligible up to a point.
- 2020 - Eligible up to 100 employees in 2019.
- 2021 - Eligible up to 500 employees in 2019.
Part-Time W2 Employees (PT)
- No minimum of hours needed.
- Do need to have paid FICA taxes (Social Security and Medicare) on their wages.
- Part-time W2 employees are eligible for all quarters with no restrictions on the PT employee count.
- Eligible if they are W2 employees
- Sometimes referred to as Contract employees do not qualify for the ERC refund.